THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT 4 OF 2013
- “Flight Packages” refers to the package selected by the Client on the website when making the Booking;
- “JC3”, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to JC3 Charter Services (Pty) Ltd, with registration number 2020/597921/07;
- “Personal Information”, and “process/processing” bear the same meanings as set out in POPIA;
- “Passengers” means passengers carried on a flight booked through us;
- “you” and “your” refers to every person that accesses or uses our Website also referred to as a user;
- “Website” refers to ___________
IF YOU ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 18
If you are below the age of 18 years, you must always get permission from your parent or guardian before you use our Website or give us your Personal Information. We may check that your parent or guardian has given you such permission, for example by asking you to provide us with your parent’s or guardian’s contact details so we can contact them. We may also check that the contact details you have given us are correct and are the details of a person who is actually your parent or guardian. If we are not able to verify such permission or if a parent or guardian confirms that you do not have their permission, you may not use our Website.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
JC3 processes Personal Information in a manner that is reasonable, adequate, relevant, non-excessive and purpose-specific. In order for users to access and use our Website we collect and process some Personal Information.
We may collect the following Personal Information:
- name and surname.
- email address.
- physical address.
- mobile phone number.
- date of birth.
- Identification / passport number.
You warrant that the information you have provided is accurate, current, true and correct and that does not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
In addition to the foregoing information, as provided in our Terms and Conditions, we will use photographs and / or videos taken of any Passengers before and / or during and / or after the flight which will be used on our website and /or social media for marketing purposes.
INFORMATION FROM USING OUR WEBSITE
When you access our Website, JC3 processes some of your Personal Information. Depending on how you access and use our Website, we may receive:
- log information, through online identifiers, including information on how, when and for how long you use our Website and other services, the content you view and search queries you submit.
- information about the equipment you use to access or use our Website, including the type of device you are using, how you access our Website, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol address.
- the geographic location from which you accessed our Website, including your device’s global positioning system signal and information about nearby wifi networks and cell towers. We get this information when you use location-enabled services.
- other information about you from third parties, such as social media.
WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We process the Personal Information we collect and receive to:
- identify you;
- verify your identity;
- create a flight ticket for you;
- create a booking confirmation for you;
- enter into a contract with you;
- for legal or research purposes;
- for the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- for audit and record keeping purposes;
- in connection with legal proceedings.
We may also process your Personal Information in order to:
- fulfill our contractual obligations to you when you have purchased a Flight Package;
- provide you with information, products or services you request from us;
- communicate with you regarding our Website and provide you with information, products or services, including customer support and resolving complaints;
- send you information about competitions, products or services that may interest you (unless you have opted out of receiving such information); and / or
- undertake research for statistical purposes. The research and statistics we get from this process do not include your Personal Information and cannot be linked to you, nor can you be identified from these statistics.
RETENTION AND RESTRICTION OF RECORDS
We keep your Personal Information for as long as:
- we need it to provide our Website, products or services to you;
- it is required or allowed by law and is in line with our internal retention policies;
- it is necessary to uphold the contract between you and us;
- you have agreed to us keeping your Personal Information subject to your request for us to stop processing your Personal Information;
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which this information was collected or subsequently processed. If your Personal Information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires.
By accessing and using the Website, you consent to us retaining records of your Personal Information for no longer than may be necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was initially collected or subsequently processed.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing or any other purposes.
We may provide or make your Personal Information available to:
- our employees, and / or third party service providers in order to enable them to assist us to interact with you via our Website for the purchasing of Flight Packages on our Website;
- law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity;
- our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, public relations, technology services, etc.). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your Personal Information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit or any other purpose, and must treat such information as confidential information;
We may also disclose your Personal Information when we feel it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our Website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction of your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
You also have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Regulator.
HOW TO CONTACT US